Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A few words from Ivan Pelaez


Over the winter and into spring I noticed one of the people being active and engaging on social media is Ivan Pelaez.
The Biscuits reliever possesses observations and insight that he offers to others with a unique understated realism. Ivan is one of those folks who makes friends everywhere he goes, due in part to his outgoing personality and easy speaking manner.


Ivan makes friends at Rickwood Field

Ivan enjoys his time in the 'pen
I have always liked Ivan and not just because the first thing he said to me was a comment on my facial hair. "Now THATS a mustache!" he said to me when we first met, even as he himself sported a premium lip-sweater.


Ivan has a fantastic view on life that is wholesome and down to earth yet firmly planted in the real world. Able to sum up a situation and inflect the perfect balance of hopes-fears-reality, Ivan's voice in the Biscuits bullpen often frames the moment as deftly as a catcher pulling a close pitch into the strike zone to give the ump a better look.


It is for that and many other reasons that I reached out to him and asked him to write a guest piece for the blog. I was honored when he accepted and quickly offered up this short piece on the topic of being a ballplayer with no baseball.





Well what’s life without baseball for me? 

Well I have two boys that keep me pretty much on business all day so I’m pretty much on daddy duty 24/7 so Instead of throwing baseball I’m changing diapers and instead giving out high fives I’m giving out milk and juice boxes. 


I still get my throwing in the afternoons. It’s definitely a little chaotic from me then most people I’ll tell you that. 


It’s big bummer that we aren’t out there playing games but I’m taking this time to spend as much time with my family and my boys as I can and enjoying the little Moments that I would miss when I’m gone so I’m grateful for that but I’m excited to get back and start working again.

Nice!
Thanks for sharing, Ivan!
Be safe and enjoy the family time, we look forward to seeing you back on the center berm soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment