Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little Research

A Little Research goes a long way sometimes.

I dont usually cover the Boston Red Sox, as I am not much of a fan of that areas teams as I am closer to home. Plus they get so much coverage anyways.

I found a mention about something I hadnt heard of, so I looked it up.

Mike Napoli will have another MRI on his hips during spring training.
Napoli's hips remain asymptomatic for avascular necrosis, which is what he was diagnosed with during his pre-signing physical. The Red Sox wanting to keep a close eye on the condition, though, so they'll give him another MRI after he ramps up activity. The hip issue isn't expect to be a problem for Napoli during the season.

Feb 10


Oh, okay.
Wait, what IS "avascular necrosis"?

"Osteonecrosis is bone death caused by poor blood supply to the area. It is most common in the hip and shoulder, but can affect other large joints such as knee, elbow, wrist and ankle." says PubWebHealth.org

Okay. Dead bone, gotcha.
But what causes this, pubwebhealth?

The following can cause osteonecrosis:


Uuuuh, that first one doesnt raise any red flags at all?
So hes either a user or an alcoholic?

I can see how that wouldnt affect him during the upcoming season. Sure. You betcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment